Pages

About Me

My photo
I like shiny things, like a magpie. I also like Peanut Butter. Thats another story.

Saturday 5 February 2011

That'll do.

So prelims are over. Whoopy doo. They were technically over for me on Wednesday but I've been too lazy to blog about it so for this blogs sake I'll say they finished yesterday. What I also did yesterday was go to the Kingussie Food On Film Festival with a few other people. It was really kinda fun. There were 12 short films altogether and everyone of them were produced by kids of years S1-S6 I think. I was there because one of my friends was putting his film into the competition. His film won best animation which was pretty awesome. But there were some really amazing films there for the age that the producers were. But then there were some which weren't. And you may be thinking "Oh they're only kids. Its not their fault they can't afford the fancy kit and stuff" but the things that were slightly bad were things which could of been fixed with just a bit more effort and had nothing to do with good software and kit. Their films felt very "That'll do"-ish. Like when they had finished it, they thought "That'll do" and went off to do something else. They never thought "I could do this better" or "Maybe that cut needs patching up". And trust me, saying "That'll do" is never a good idea cause it never will do. I've done it some times on my homework and normally the marks I get back are pretty shabby. But other than that the night was fantastic. Although our train back home was delayed by 20 minutes so we all had to stand outside the Train Station in the freezing cold and battering wind. I don't have much else to talk about. You can hear a podcast I'm in at {http://cerberusradio.posterous.com}, my voice sounds horrible though. That's it I guess. DFTBA.


Andrew's iLog

No comments:

Post a Comment