Pages

About Me

My photo
I like shiny things, like a magpie. I also like Peanut Butter. Thats another story.

Friday 10 September 2010

The Life Of A Nineties Kid.

That title you just read, it's gonna be the title of my Personal Reflective whatsit for English. I honestly don't have much else to write about. Nothing major has happened in my life. I mean, I've never even broken a bone. And all the stories I have are fairly embarrassing and/or not possible to have an reflection on. I mean, how can I reflect on being accidentally dropped down the stairs at the age of one? Or flying off a see-saw and face-planting at the age of eight or nine? The only properly major thing that has happened has been moving up here to Scotland and to be perfectly honest, I don't remember much of it. But being a nineties kid is a good topic I think. Cause the way I see it, there are a lot of things which can influence in your younger years to what you become in your older years. Lego blocks can influence your creative or inventive side. Recorders can develop musical skills. Pokémon influences you to fight animals for money.... I mean, whut? But being a nineties kid was great. I had a lot of fun memories of being that old. It was the last decade of the 20th century. The end of a millenia. And boy, what an end. I don't think I would've been able to survive with-out a daily dose of Crazy-bones or Scooters. I miss being that child in ways that I cannot explain. To be an innocent (to an extent) little child with no cares about the rest of the world. Now I admit, I haven't changed much. I'm still immature, I still like Crazy-Bones and Scooters, but now I'm older people start to expect you to act it. And I resent this. Growing older doesn't always necessarily mean I have to grow up. Who wants to be an old, grumpy pencil pusher who's only joy in life is "Antiques Roadshow" and a nice Oatcake? Not me that's for sure. Give me a sippy cup and a episode of "Digimon" any day. DFTBA.

Andrew's iLog

No comments:

Post a Comment